Science advisor Rich joins us as we discuss the amount of ass our childhood heroes kicked, the strange case of a man with epic insomnia, the approaching artificial intelligence apocalypse that Towerbot’s warned them about for years and the sad fate of computer pioneer Alan Turing.
• Something for the Repeater from Sean Vale via Facebook:
• The Bloodshot Tale of Paul Kern, or why a well-placed bullet through the frontal lobe might keep you up for 40 years:
• A computer passed the Turing Test for the first time!
• Actually, it didn’t, and the idea is stupid anyway:
• The Shameful Tale of A.I. Pioneer Alan Turing, or Chemically Castrating Your WWII Heroes is Wrong and Can’t Be Made Up for 60 Years After the Fact:
But you don’t have to take our word for it. Kinda makes you wonder what he would have come up with if being gay wasn’t actually illegal at his point in space and time: