With the Repeater out on assignment (or as the French say, d’affectation, which sounds pretty gross if you don’t say it right), we bring in a guest host and talk about a topic that we’ve avoided for Ben’s sake: Video Games! We examine where we came from in our gamer’s walk, and where this beloved pastime is taking us.
|Tower of Technobabble 44 – Game On!|
• Elite – like the best game, like, ever, back in the day (in Dave’s opinion) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_%28video_game%29
• Silent Service – like the best game, like, ever, back in the day (in Paul’s opinion) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Service_%28video_game%29
• Solaris – like the best game, like, ever, back in the day (in Gerry’s opinion)- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_%28Atari_2600%29 (By the way, during this podcast, Dave makes mention of an Atari 2600 game called “Star Command.” He obviously meant “Star Raiders.” He has been flogged for the mistake.)
• ZORK! All the Infocom text-based adventures you’d ever want to play (with your imagination!) – http://www.the-wildwest.com/Queeg/Infocom/
• Millions of E.T. Atari game cartridges buried in New Mexico? True! – http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp