On this episode, we come THIS CLOSE to making fun of Charlie Sheen before listening to the better angels of our nature, examine how technology is allow a whole new generation of geeks to fly their flags high, and how The Phantom Menace is preparing disappoint that whole new generation of geeks. Then, we escape into the past to listen to some classic radio shows (including the outing of Batman as Bruce Wayne by a Robin, who’s being a serious jerk), and throw open the doors of our brand spakin’ new Theremin Theater (seriously, you can still smell the paint) and take a ride on Rocketship XM. Seriously, how are we giving this away? Who’s paying for this?
• Not paying a penny to laugh at the mentally ill – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WigGPO6EJ20 and http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-03-craig-ferguson-vows-not-to-make-fun-of-charlie-sheen-mental-illne
• iPad 2 and GarageBand for the iPad – http://www.148apps.com/news/apple-announce-ipad-2-imovie-garageband/
• Star Wars, Episode 1: The Phantom Menace in 3-D – http://starwars.com/movies/episode-i/3dannouncedate/index.html
• Internet Archive Radio Shows – http://www.archive.org/details/oldtimeradio, with Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes (http://www.archive.org/details/HQSherlockRathboneTCS), the George Burns and Gracie Allen show (http://www.archive.org/details/BurnsAllan), and the Batman Mystery Club (http://www.archive.org/details/BatmanMysteryClub)
• Theremin Theater – Rocketship XM (http://www.archive.org/details/RocketshipXM)