This week, we engage full geek-mode and talk about the upcoming “The Hobbit,” the upcoming release of the extended version of “The Lord of the Rings” films on Blu-Ray and lament the omission of Tom Bombadil from the films. We also take a look at Cat Island, off the coast of Japan (the cats are all fine, thanks for asking), debate whether Ben still believes in Bigfoot (or just can’t take the loudmouth bigfoot hunters), and Dave takes a big ol’ fashion mind sweep to get the cobwebs out. Strap in for another tour of the Tower of Technobabble!
• The Hobbit is announced – http://www.slashfilm.com/hobbit-official-set-photos-released-production-begins-facebook-page-launched/
• Extended Blu Ray Edition of the Lord of the Rings films – http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Picture-Trilogy-Extended/dp/B0026L7H20
• Searches for “Godzilla” are up after earthquake/reactor meltdown – http://io9.com/#!5784287/searching-for-godzilla
• Cat Island survives earthquake – http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110317/us_yblog_thelookout/report-pets-and-huma
• Ben stops believing in Bigfoot pretty much because of this guy (Warning: TERRIBLE page design — truly just awful) – http://www.searchingforbigfoot.com/
• Doing a “mental sweep” – http://www.43folders.com/2006/07/24/b2gtd-mind-sweep and Merlin Mann on 5×5 “Back to Work” – http://5by5.tv/