On this episode, we take the new GarageBand for the iPad for a spin, warn about disaster scams (P.S. – It’s even worse than we knew when we recorded this), wait for our boring old reality to be replaced by augmented reality, wonder why Skype lost its damn mind, ask that NASA not dress so provocatively, and finally, we put a man on the street in search of bigfoot, with mixed results.
• GarageBand for the iPad – http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store/garageband.html
• Japan Fraud Alert – http://www.boingboing.net/2011/03/15/fraudsters-break-all.html#comments (also, good places for donations: https://secure.unicefusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=9640&9640.donation=form1, https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052&idb=0 or text “HELP” to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross for the relief effort
• Augmented Reality – http://www.howstuffworks.com/augmented-reality.htm
• Skype 5.0 for Mac (WARNING – THIS SOFTWARE BLOWS) – http://www.skype.com, and how to get the old version back if you’ve updated and want to backdate (which you probably will) go to http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=37#Download
• The Hole in the Moon – http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/09/15/theres-a-hole-in-the-moon/